Foster parents come in all sizes: married couples or singles; financially wealthy to the more modest; older to younger (but at least 21 years old)–Maple Star values all of them. What they have in common are: heart for children in need, love of family life and parenting, a desire to provide a safe and healing home, and flexibility and willingness to work through challenges.
We are tasked by the State of Colorado to certify only those people that have the character, suitability, and qualifications to become foster parents. We accomplish this important task in a number of ways, including:
- We’ll spend a lot of time together getting to know you and your family.
- We perform extensive background checks including the FBI, CBI, and DHS agencies.
- You’ll get a physical examination.
- We’ll obtain references from people that know you well.
- We will explore your finances to ensure adequate resources to provide for a child.
- We will conduct a Home Study that looks at many elements of your life.
- We will inspect your home carefully to ensure the physical dwelling is safe.
You should know while most people will certainly be considered for foster parenting, it is not for everyone and our job is to ensure the right fit for your family and the child in need.
© Copyright 2021 Maple Star