Job Objective: Provide therapeutic services to client and family in accordance with the VRP
Accountable To: Behavior Coach Supervisor
- Assist with providing VRP orientation to client and family
- Build rapport with VRP treatment team to promote collaboration.
- Build a working relationship with the parent or caretaker
- Assist families in developing daily routine
- Provide community integration focused leisure/recreational activities weekly
- Provide direct client supervision
- Respond to crisis
- Provide services as directed by the Therapist and treatment plan
- Assist client in accessing community resources and develop age appropriate social skills through planned recreational activities or community organizations
- Monitor and assist with school maladjustment problems, or provide minimal respite for parents.
- Behavior Coach will work under the supervision and guidance of the Behavior Coach supervisor in conjunction with the treatment team and planning.
- Behavior Coaches will be required to use their own vehicle for transportation of clients and must be able to provide their own transportation to and from their assigned place of work.
- Comply with Employee Handbook policies
- Maintain high degree of confidentiality regarding client case materials
- Work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends and be available for crisis support when requested
- Behavior coach will notify Behavior Coach Supervisor or appropriate person of the unavailability for work no later than eight hours prior to a scheduled shift
- Behavior Coach will notify appropriate person of shift cancellation. If shift is cancelled Behavior Coach may be re-assigned.
- Paid time off must be submitted to the Behavior Coach Supervisor no later than two weeks prior to the time off being requested.
- Report immediately any incidents of alleged abuse or neglect.
- Behavior Coach will utilize the Communication Log in the home effectively and consistently communicate with other staff members and the Case Therapist.
- Behavior Coach will document session notes within 48 hours following the session
- Other duties as assigned by the Behavior Coach Supervisor
- Participate in and complete all required training.
- Maintain client files.
- Complete and submit work diaries, Timesheets and expenses on required dates.
- Actively participate in one individual and one group supervision per month
- Supervised by the Behavior Coach Supervisor
- Follow the lead of the treatment team’s lead VRP Therapist.
- Public Relations:
- Maintain a high degree of professionalism regarding demeanor, dress, language, style and overall manner.
III Weekly Service Hours: 35-40
- Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree with 3-5 years of relevant experience providing therapeutic services to emotionally disturbed youth in a community based residential setting
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Effective organizational skills including the ability to think clearly and logically; to problem solve effectively; written and oral communication skills; and the ability to function with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of local agencies and other community resources that may serve youth, families, and foster care services.
© Copyright 2021 Maple Star